Student Design Contest
The Crafts Center will produce a number of shirts and other promotional items to be distributed or sold in the Center as well as at events.
Now Open for Entries!
We’re bringing the annual Crafts Center Design Contest back and we’re looking for a cool design to feature on a series of products and apparel.
Inspirational packages for the winner!
The winner will receive one of the following rewards:
- One free class or workshop at the Crafts Center with guaranteed seating
- Five samples of each item on which the design appears
Deadline for Entries
Design submissions must be uploaded onto our website by 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 13.
Theme and Message
The final design will incorporate the NC State Crafts Center brand and signature motto: MAKE IT HERE, by
applying supplied brand assets [in this folder]
- Crafts Center emblems and icons
- MAKE IT HERE logo
- NC State brand with Crafts Center title
- These can be combined with illustrations and images.
- We may consider printing something small on the back collar area.
Must not have large blocks of solid color and must use one or two of the following colors:
- The contest is open to NC State students enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester.
- Digital designs should be single-sided. Design size should fit into 12” x 12” at 300dpi.
- Designs should be able to be printed on light AND dark backgrounds [reversed]
- By submitting a design for consideration, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge, the design you are submitting is your own original work and that no other persons or parties can claim ownership. Art created using artificial intelligence may not be submitted.
- Up to three designs may be submitted per person.
- Designs should be submitted electronically via the google form linked below.
- Original design files should be labeled with your first and last name. If you are submitting more than
- one design please add a 1, 2 or 3 to your file name.
- Please submit all Ai, EPS, JPG, and PDF’s with your design layers intact.
- Hard copies of hand-drawn art are not acceptable.
Judging and Voting
Final designs will be selected based on the following criteria:
- How well the design/slogan reflects the spirit and brand of the Crafts Center at NC State University.
- Whether the design/slogan is modern, powerful and unique.
- Whether the design/slogan is in keeping with Crafts Center’s mission and tone.