CLAY STUDIO POLICIES
- Clay and tools are available for purchase by clay studio members/students only. We only fire clay and glazes purchased from the Crafts Center. The cost of each bag includes additional fees for glazing and firing.
- Members and class participants can purchase up to 2 bags of clay per month. This does not include clay purchased as part of a supply fee for a class.
- The clay studio does not accept work for firing that is created/produced outside of the Crafts Center. This is in keeping with our Crafts Center motto – MAKE IT HERE – and to further our mission to educate, learn, share, and grow as a community of makers as part of the NC State University campus.
The Clay Studio provides a space for students to work on pottery, sculpture and related projects.
- Handbuilding area – Room 101HB
- Wheel classroom area – Room 101W
- Glazing area – Room 101G
- Pottery wheels
- Handbuilding tables and canvases
- A slab roller
- Rolling pins
- Miscellaneous molds
- Two clay extruders
- More than 25 glazes
- Sculpture stands
- A gas kiln for glaze firing (we fire at cone 10 reduction)
- Electric kilns for bisque firing
- Lockers to store clay and supplies are available for a rental fee.
The Clay Studio is open during Crafts Center hours, but it’s available for use by studio members only when a class is not in session. View schedule »
- You must be 18 or older, or a currently enrolled NC State student, and have health insurance to use the studio.
- Any clay used in the studio must be purchased at the Crafts Center.
- Basic pottery tools such as ribs, needle tools, settle knives and bat pins are available for purchase.
- Supplies may be purchased by studio members and clay students only.