The Clay Studio provides a space for students to work on pottery, sculpture and related projects.
- Handbuilding area – Room 101HB
- Wheel classroom area – Room 101W
- Glazing area – Room 101G
- Pottery wheels
- Handbuilding tables and canvases
- A slab roller
- Rolling pins
- Miscellaneous molds
- Two clay extruders
- More than 25 glazes
- Sculpture stands
- A gas kiln for glaze firing (we fire at cone 10 reduction)
- Electric kilns for bisque firing
- Lockers to store clay and supplies are available for a rental fee
The Clay Studio is open during Crafts Center hours, but it’s available for use only when a class is not in session (exception: a courtesy wheel area is available for use when a class is in 101W). View schedule »
Studio Pass Fee
If you’re taking a clay class, the class fee includes a studio pass for the semester unless otherwise noted. Learn more about fee levels »
- You must be 18 or older to use the studio.
- Any clay used in the studio must be purchased at the Crafts Center.
- Basic pottery tools—such as ribs, needle tools, settle knives and bat pins—are available for purchase.
- Supplies may be purchased by studio pass holders and clay students only.