The Photography Studio and the Darkroom Photography Studios provide spaces for students to work on black and white photography, digital photography and related projects.
Darkroom Photography Studio – Room 136
Digital Photography Studio – Room 133
Darkroom Photography Studio:
- Lockers to store chemicals and paper are available for a rental fee.
- Digital cameras, 35mm cameras, and 120mm cameras are available for loan during class time. Outside of class time these cameras may be rented for a fee.
- 5 enlarger stations
- Drying cabinet
- Water bath
- Oversized sink
- Light table
Digital Photography Studio:
- Black, white and gray backdrops
- Lighting equipment: continuous and speed lights
- Green screen
- iMac computer with Adobe Suite
- Matte cutter
- Heat press
- Epson Perfection V850 Pro negative scanner
- The Darkroom Studio is open during Crafts Center hours, but available for use by studio members only when a class is not in session. View schedule»
- The Digital Photography Studio is available by appointment only with appointments limited to a duration of two hours. Contact the Photography Studio Manager Katy Walls at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments.
Studio Memberships are available for purchase by those not taking a class, provided they have sufficient experience and knowledge to work independently in the studio. First time users must complete an orientation with the Studio Manager before purchasing a membership. Membership to the Crafts Center entitles members full access to special events and their studio of choice during open hours and when a class is not in session. [The Center’s schedule runs on the official NC State University schedule.]
Digital Photography Studio:
Due to high demand and limited availability, memberships are not available for this studio. The Digital Photography Studio is available for a fee* and by appointment only with appointments limited to a duration of two hours. Contact the Photography Studio Manager Katy Walls at email@example.com to schedule appointments.
Digital Studio rental fees are as follows:
- Level I – Fee paying NC State students: no charge
- Level II – University Employees & Affiliates: $35/hour
- Level III – General Public: $40/hour
Learn more about the designated fee level on our Fees page»
- You must be 18 or older, or a currently enrolled NC State student, and have health insurance to use the studios.
- Darkroom Studio members may reserve the negative scanner [Room 133] by contacting Studio Manager Katy Walls at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must provide your own chemicals and paper for the darkroom. These items are not available for purchase at the Crafts Center.
- 35mm and 120 films are available for purchase at the Crafts Center.