The Photography Studio provides a space for students to work on black and white photography, digital photography and related projects.
Darkroom – Room 136
Photography Studio – Room 133
- Lockers to store chemical and paper (rent at $5/semester)
- Digital cameras and 35mm camera for loan during class time
Black and white darkroom:
- 12 enlarger stations
- Drying cabinet
- Drying racks
- Water baths
- Oversized sinks
- Light table
- Black, white and gray backdrops
- Lighting equipment
- Green screens
- iMac computer with Photoshop and Chroma Key (green screen software)
- Matte cutter
- Negative scanner
The Photography Studio is open during Crafts Center hours, but it’s available for use only when a class is not in session. View schedule »
Studio pass fee
If you’re taking a photography class, the class fee includes a studio pass for the semester unless otherwise noted. Learn more about fee levels »
- You must be 18 or older and have health insurance to use the studio.
- You may reserve the photo studio by calling the info desk at 919.515.2457.
- You must provide your own chemicals and paper for the darkroom. These items are not available for purchase at the Crafts Center.