The Photography Studio and Darkroom provide a space for students to work on black and white photography, digital photography and related projects.
Darkroom – Room 136
Photography Studio – Room 133
- Lockers to store chemicals and paper are available for a rental fee.
- Digital cameras and 35mm camera for loan during class time
Black and white darkroom:
- 12 enlarger stations
- Drying cabinet
- Drying racks
- Water baths
- Oversized sinks
- Light table
- Black, white and gray backdrops
- Lighting equipment
- Green screens
- iMac computer with Photoshop and Chroma Key (green screen software)
- Matte cutter
- Negative scanner
The Photography Studio and Darkroom are open during Crafts Center hours, but available for use by studio members only when a class is not in session. View schedule »
Studio memberships are available for purchase by those not taking a class, provided they have sufficient experience and knowledge to work independently in the studio. First–time users must complete an orientation before purchasing a membership. Membership to the Crafts Center entitles members full access to special events and their studio of choice during open hours and when a class is not in session. [The Center’s schedule runs on the official NC State University schedule.]
- You must be 18 or older, or a currently enrolled NC State student, and have health insurance to use the studio.
- Photography Studio members may reserve the photo studio (Room 133) by calling the info desk at 919.515.2457.
- You must provide your own chemicals and paper for the darkroom. These items are not available for purchase at the Crafts Center.